BS in Civil Engineering:
Kabul University; Master of Engineering in Civil
Engineering: Tennessee State University; Ph.D.: University
of Oklahoma (Civil
PUBLICATIONS ON AFGHANISTAN
1. (2002) "An Attempt to Resurrect Engineering Education
in Herat, Afghanistan",
American Society of Engineering Education Annual
Conference, Montreal, Canada
(Nominated for Best Paper Award)
2. (2002) "Rapid Assessment of Water Sector --
Afghanistan", a report submitted
to United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
3.(2002) "The Leader in War Must Lead in Peace", New York
Times, March 4
4. (2001) "Partitioning Afghanistan is Dangerous", USA
TODAY, Nov. 2,
5. (2001) "Engineering Education in Herat, Afghanistan"
Report submitted to CHA
an Afghan NGO 3.
6. (1997) "Reconstruction Strategy for Afghanistan,"
Effort, A Journal of
Afghan Affairs, v5, n1
7. (1996) "Transfer of Knowledge Through Expatriate
A Journal of Afghan Affairs, v4, n1 5. (1996) "Engineering
Afghanistan,"Effort, A Journal of Afghan Affairs, v4, n1
8. (1995) "Amu-Darya, a Shared Water Resource," Effort, A
Journal of Afghan
Affairs, vol. 3, no. 1 7.
9. (1994) "UN Agencies Lead Reconstruction Efforts in
Afghanistan", Effort, A
Journal Afghan Affairs
Currently I am leading a team of consultants to
conduct a need assessment on
soil and water as they relate to agriculture. The study is
done for ICARDA
(Internation Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry
Area. The study is
sponsored by USAID.